Representing People Seeking Protective Orders

Getting a protective order in Indiana is a two-step process. You must first file a petition in court for a temporary or ex parte order. There is no filing fee, and you can do this yourself. When the temporary order is issued, the judge will also schedule a hearing for the final order. The subject of the temporary order is entitled to present his or her case at the hearing for the final order, so it is advisable to have legal representation.

Lake County family violence attorney Robert A. Plantz can represent you, seeking to achieve the issuance of a final order and to obtain conditions that can serve to protect you and your family. Don’t take chances with your safety and that of your family. Get legal help today.

Contact Robert A. Plantz and his experienced staff to schedule a free initial consultation (excluding landlord-tenant requests) with a lawyer.

Accused Of Domestic Violence?

In the heat of a divorce or child custody dispute, false or exaggerated accusations of abuse can lead to the issuance of a temporary protective order. It is essential to have legal representation at the hearing for the final order, because that order will go on your record. If you are stopped by the police, they will know of the existence of the order and act accordingly. A final protective order can lead to the loss of your child custody or visitation rights and ban you from certain professions. You will also lose your right to own a firearm.

Robert A. Plantz can represent you in the hearing for the final order, presenting your side of the story, putting the event in context and seeking to prevent the issuance of the final order. If there is some substance to the domestic violence allegation, your participation in an anger management or alcohol treatment program can help to mitigate the effects of the order. Robert A. Plantz can advise and represent you.

As an experienced criminal defense attorney, Robert A. Plantz also represents clients accused of violating protective orders.

Contact A Merrillville Domestic Violence Attorney

For a free initial consultation (excluding landlord-tenant requests) with an attorney, contact Robert A. Plantz & Associates, LLC Attorneys and Counselors at Law.


10 Best | Client Satisfaction | American Institute of Family Law Attorneys | 2016
BBB | Accredited Business | A+ Rating
Avvo | Clients' Choice | Family Law | 2017
Lake County Bar Association
Indiana State Bar Association
The National Trial Lawyers | Trial Lawyers