Merrillville Child Support Lawyer

Lake County Spousal Support Attorney

Robert A. Plantz represents people in all aspects of child support and spousal support. Our firm is detail-oriented when it comes to calculating required payments, and diligent during settlement negotiations and in court. We will work to achieve your goals as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Contact our firm to discuss your needs with an experienced family law attorney.

Merrillville Child Support Attorney

Statutory guidelines determine the level of child support in Indiana. Factors such as the parent's income, the number of overnights a child spends with the noncustodial parent, and educational and health care expenses can affect the child support level. Getting a child support level that is fair however, requires more than a mechanical application of a formula. Robert A. Plantz thoroughly examines all factors that go into child support, and he will seek to obtain a support payment that is correct and fair.

If a significant change occurs in a parent's income, in a child's living arrangements or in a child's needs, it is possible to obtain a modification in child support. Some modifications are routine and can be achieved in a cost-effective manner, while others may require significant legal efforts. Whatever your situation, attorney Robert A. Plantz can represent you.

Spousal Support in Indiana

Indiana law mandates the payment of spousal support (commonly referred to as alimony) in certain situations on a permanent basis — for example, when one spouse becomes permanently disabled during the course of the marriage. The court can order spousal support for up to three years to enable one spouse to obtain the ability to provide for herself or himself through education or vocational training. In other situations, the parties can agree to a settlement that does or does not provide for the payment of spousal support.

The question of spousal support raises a number of legal, financial and tax issues that require careful analysis. Robert A. Plantz understands these issues and how to achieve solutions that best serve the interests of his clients. Mr. Plantz can review your situation and develop a plan to achieve the solution that is right for you.

Contact a Lawyer

For a free initial consultation (excluding landlord/tenant requests) about a child support or spousal support matter, contact Robert A. Plantz and his experienced staff.